Our Mission and Values
Our Mission and Values
Let me begin by telling what our mission is NOT. In a word, we are not called to maintain the status-quo or to timidly retreat to the far corner of society. No, we are mandated by our Lord to be the “salt and light” in a world desperately in need of hope and authenticity.
We are not called to live as depicted below!
We believe the church must become proactive— and not “hide its light under a bushel.”
Our purpose is the same as it is for all churches. We exist to glorify God. In other words, we seek to live and minister in such a way that He is praised! We do that in three ways:
By declaring in word.
That is we tell the story. We share the gospel. We teach the “Good News” of God’s saving grace as found in His Son, Jesus Christ. Like John the Baptist, we point people to Jesus.
By demonstrating in attitude the life of Christ who lives within.
We seek the Holy Spirit’s help in the inner man to be all that we should be. We seek to have pure motives, a pure heart. We seek to act out of love, not simply out of duty or obligation. We strive to walk by the Spirit, and not in the flesh.
By demonstrating in action the life of Jesus Christ who lives within.
Jesus said, “If you love me, keep my commandments,” and James stated, “do not be hearers only, but be doers of the word.” Faith without works is dead! God calls us to be living demonstrations of love, both for Him and others.
Putting it all together the Mission Statement for The Church Without Walls is:
The mission of the Church Without Walls is to glorify God by declaring in word and demonstrating in attitude and action, the life of Jesus Christ who lives within.
In a phrase, this summarizes what we believe the Lord has called us to do.
But, how do you go about fulfilling your purpose or accomplishing your mission? In other words, what is your plan?
Glad you asked!
THE MASTER’S PLAN
By the grace of God we will accomplish our mission by:
- Strengthening our faith through daily meditations of the Word of God and by developing an intimate relationship with Jesus.
- Committing ourselves to other believers in a small group (cell) setting.
- Praying to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into the harvest fields: locally, nationally and internationally.
- Encouraging every believer to be involved in prayer, reaching the lost, and making disciples.
- Helping each believer to learn to serve and discover the gifts and calling within his life.
- Teaching the Word of God with power and authority in a way that is practical and applicable to everyday life.
- Training and equipping leadership in home cell groups and congregations to minister to others and to plant new churches.
- Planting and multiplying home cell groups and congregations locally, nationally and internationally.
- Sending laborers into the harvest field: house to house, city to city and nation to nation.
- Mobilizing and challenging adults, youth and children to be radically committed laborers for the harvest.
- Encouraging each child, young person and adult to be a true worshipper of our Lord.
- Exemplifying a life-style of mutual accountability, integrity and purity in every level of leadership and throughout every area of church life.
- Supporting and encouraging the spiritual leaders that the Lord raises up among us.
- Edifying one another daily through encouragement and by speaking the truth in love.
- Celebrating Jesus as we come together in various locations to worship together, pray together and receive the Word of God together.
- Caring for, loving, healing and restoring those who are wounded and need deliverance, healing and restoration.
- Ministering to the poor and needy.
- Promoting unity by supporting and laboring with other churches and ministries locally, nationally and internationally.
In other words,
We aim to be a witnessing community of praying and caring worshippers who base their lives on Scripture and move in the power of the Holy Spirit to reach a world in need of Christ.
“It is easy to think that the Church has lots of different objects — education, building, missions, holding services. The Church exists for nothing else but to draw men to Christ, to make them little Christs (or, Christians). If they are not doing that, all the cathedrals, clergy, missions, sermons, even the Bible itself, are simply a waste of time. God became Man for no other purpose.”
— C.S. Lewis in Mere Christianity
If the church understands its mission, its ministry will be shaped in that direction too.
Locations and Service Times
Celebration Service at the Shepherding Center
2502 Crowders Creek Road
Gastonia, NC 28052
Bible Study at the Shepherding Center
Men’s Group at the Shepherding Center
Women’s Prayer Group
Children’s Bible Study at the Shepherding Center